Answering Frequently Asked Questions
[shortmenu menu=”Menu Implantologia” display=”inline” enhance=”true” submenu_color=”#000000″ submenu_anchor_color=”#e0e0e0″ submenu_anchor_hover_color=”#ffffff” submenu_transparency=”0.8″ arrow=”true” is_responsive=”true” responsive=”767″]
Dental implants and dental prostheses: prices, costs and information
Quality without compromise by Smile Specialists
What is dental implantology?
Dental implantology means, in the absence of one or more teeth, the insertion into the maxillary or mandibular bone of one or more titanium screws. Once one of the Sanident dentists, a dental clinic in Milan, has verified the so-called osteointegration, it can support an artificial tooth suitable for performing the function of the missing natural teeth.
If the market can currently be divided into low cost dental implants and premium prices, it is important to understand that only this last type offers guarantees to the patient. This is because of the products of quality dental implantology are the only ones supported by adequate scientific evidence and clinical experimentation; the low cost systems, on the other hand, can be marketed at lower prices because they do not meet these requirements, often exploiting them expired patents of larger companies and copying them in a more or less slavish way, creating real clones out of control. To lose, obviously, is always the health of patients.
According to a clinical study published in the Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research, only a few brands of implants have been tested by at least two independent (non-sponsored) clinical works, which should prompt patients to request more transparency before accepting any estimate, up to the release of a real implant passport. Included among the implant brands included and cited in this clinical study are: Aiser ® Straumann ® , Nobel Biocare ® , Dentsply Implants ®”
How is a dental implant made?
The dental implant is to be considered as a screw constructed using specific nanometric technology and is designed to replace the natural root of teeth in humans. The modern titanium pillars have a mostly cylindrical shape of varying length and diameter so that they adapt to the different morphology of the bone profile that accommodates their insertion. The titanium structure is used throughout surgery and not only in oral surgery due to its complete tolerability by the body.
Are there differences in the quality of the facilities?
As in any other product, there are differences in the quality of the materials that make up the systems and in the technology used by the implant houses for their design, realization and above all in the quality and quantity of scientific tests carried out before and after their marketing. All this also differentiates the cost. It is very important to be advised by the implantologist on the characteristics of each model that can be applied to one’s case and also to talk about the structures that will be placed on the implant for rehabilitation, thus having a clear picture also on the possibility of replacing prostheses over time.
How is the new tooth mounted on the implant?
After the surgery that allowed the implant to be placed in the rehabilitation site, a physiological wait of about 3/4 months is required, during which the organism naturally proceeds with the osseointegration of the vine (along the coils of the vine). dental implant inserted into the bone the cells called osteoblasts create strands all around it and bind to the implant integrating it and fixing it completely to the bone). Subsequently, with the aid of a radiological examination, usually a digital orthopanoramics or in case of further need for detail with a TAC Cone Beam 3D exam, it is assessed whether the implant has integrated perfectly with the bone. At this point, it is possible to move on to the uncovering and application of the healing screws, mounted on the internal thread of the dental implant and necessary to correctly shape the gingiva. After about a week it is possible to acquire the impression on the implants (in Sanident the innovative technique of digital tridimensional scanning is used for an improved precision compared to the traditional impression with silicone materials). From the obtained digital impression, the design of the optimal prosthetic structure for functionality and aesthetics is made on the computer with the aid of CAD / CAM technology and is subsequently realized by milling of biomedical resin for the temporary restoration and of very pure ceramic and / or zirconia blocks. for the definitive. If the patient’s clinical and anatomical conditions allow it, it is also possible to perform immediate loading implantology with fixed ceramic composite teeth already placed at the end of the surgical session or within 72 hours of surgery.
What material is used to build bridges and crowns?
The crowns and bridges used by Sanident are built in a highly specialized laboratory owned by Sanident using modern CAD / CAM technology thanks to the help of specialized technicians, high-definition Zeiss microscopes, digital scanners, powerful computers and 5-axis milling machines allows a precision never seen before on the realization of fixed prostheses previously built by hand by hand. The materials used are extremely aesthetic and resistant blocks of pure ceramic and zirconium oxide and free of metal alloys previously used for the realization with the old metal fusion system.
With a prosthesis supported by dental implants, can I bite and eat normally?
Yes, regardless of the type of prosthesis that will be made on the implants, you can eat and speak normally as with natural teeth. In fact, the dental implant replaces the natural root of the teeth and the crown inserted above the implant replaces the natural tooth itself.
Do dental implants give a different feeling in the mouth than natural teeth?
No difference is noted. It seems to have natural teeth.
What is immediate load implantology?
If the doctor detects an optimal clinical and anatomical situation it is possible to “load the implants immediately” which consists in fixing a high quality temporary restorative directly on the implant just inserted instead of waiting for the period of time necessary to allow the latter to integrate bone. This new technique allows the teeth to be fixed on the same day as implant placement.
Are there any pathologies that exclude the possibility of inserting dental implants?
In cases of autoimmune diseases that also exclude other types of interventions or in the presence of generalized serious diseases such as major heart disease, high-level diabetes, severe blood clotting problems, or a strongly damaged immune system, the use of the implant technique is not recommended. In these cases it is necessary to inform the implantologist that in consultation with the Sanident team of doctors and specialists he will advise on alternative solutions on how to proceed with treatment.
Do you remain toothless during dental implant treatment?
You never remain without teeth. A temporary, comfortable, biomedical resin temporary provision is made, both for one and for several missing teeth and is applied immediately after implant placement. This temporary is then replaced with a fixed ceramic tooth when the dental implant is osseointegrated. In the case of implant rehabilitation of the complete arch with immediate loading, if the patient’s bone is sufficiently large and of good quality, thanks to the modern techniques and the latest generation implants used by Sanident doctors it is possible to obtain fixed teeth immediately final.
Can dental implants also be inserted immediately after tooth extraction?
It is possible to insert dental implants immediately after extraction (post-extraction dental implants) but it is very important to verify that the extracted teeth have not had any infections in place. The socket that receives the implant must be intact to avoid the possibility of infections and therefore the possibility of failure of the dental implant. In case of need, Sanident uses synthetic bone derived from bovine bone matrix to recover lost bone tissue.
Is total anesthesia required during the surgical insertion of dental implants?
A total anesthesia is not necessary for the insertion of dental implants. It is sufficient to have local anesthesia or in some cases conscious sedation administered to the patient by an anesthetist specialist who is always present in Sanident during all operations of Dental Implantology and Dental Implantology.
How long does a dental implant last?
The dental implant can last very long, even for a lifetime. It is very important to observe the utmost care during the osseointegration period of the dental implant and then to practice daily hygiene carefully done at home and periodically at Sanident that thanks to the partnership with the most important implant houses in the world guarantees dental implants for life against every possible manufacturing defect.
Could I be allergic to the dental implant?
Dental implants, like all other prostheses and artificial support parts used in modern medicine for insertion into the human body are made of titanium. Titanium is a resistant and light material that has no allergenic components and that the body accepts as an integral part of the organism.
Is there a minimum and maximum age for applying a dental implant?
To proceed with the surgical positioning of the implants it is necessary that the formation and bone growth of the person is completed. For this reason it is not recommended to apply dental implants before the age of 18. The maximum age is determined by an objective analysis of the patient’s general state of health and by the presence of sufficient bone support for the insertion of dental implants.
Can physical activity or sport be practiced after applying a dental implant?
It is necessary to avoid intense sporting activities and sustained efforts as there is (albeit minimal) a wound that is in the process of healing. Light activities do not involve any risk or contraindication.
Do dental implants create problems with metal detectors of banks and airports?
Dental implants are not magnetic and cannot cause reactions in safety detectors.
Can a pacemaker be used with the dental implant?
Not having any electromagnetic effect, dental implants do not represent a danger for the correct functioning of pacemakers
What is the best combination of implant and prosthesis to replace a missing tooth?
And the procedure to follow for dental care?
Below we indicate a combination at the top of the Sanident excellence range for implantology with all the steps necessary for surgery and therapy:
- Specialist visit with an implantologist surgeon among the 6 who make up the team of the Sanident Implantology division (all specialized in implantology and dental surgery and with each of them more than 200 implants per year)
- Diagnosis with the aid of digital orthopanoramic radiographs
- Tac Cone Beam 3D (if requested for the intervention)
- Drafting of the personalized estimate and planning of the care plan
- Initial dental and oral hygiene pre-surgery with the possibility of oxygen therapy and anxiolysis
- Use of the dedicated surgical room and all related equipment and sterile components
- Premium-price titanium screw Aiser Implant System ®, Dentsply Implants ®, Nobel Biocare ® or Straumann ® world leading implants
- Titanium abutment for prosthesis
- Impressions of the dental arches detected with a digital intraoral scanner
- Temporary crown in biomedical resin
- Full ceramic crown or zirconia CAD / CAM technology with CE conformity certificate without base alloys and metals
- All the necessary checks and checks after the intervention and during osseointegration and prosthesis
- Periodic check every 6/8 months
- Recall for dental and / or prosthetic hygiene at a reserved price
- Personal certificate with international lifetime guarantee
And if the bone is not enough to accommodate dental implants?
To overcome this problem, the volume of the alveolar bone must be increased. These bone grafts can be performed both at the same time as the implant surgery and before it, it will be the decision of the Sanident surgeon to establish which procedure is most suitable for the patient.
The autologous bone graft, that is the patient’s own bone taken from other sites and positioned in the site to be operated, is a technique used for increasing bone thickness. Another method consists in filling the defect with synthetic granular bone covered by a biocompatible resorbable membrane.
What is a large maxillary sinus lift?
The maxillary sinus frequently involves a reduced vertical bone thickness that does not allow a stable anchorage of the implants. The maxillary sinus elevation o large maxillary sinus lift is a particular technique of bone grafting: during the operation the maxillary sinus floor is exposed and the covering membrane is raised using a sophisticated MECTRON piezosurgery device; the space is filled with autologous particulate bone and / or artificial bone synthesized from bovine bone matrix.
How long does the bone regenerate?
After about 4/6 months the autologous bone graft will have completed the bone regeneration process. Even with the use of synthetic substitute materials used to fill defects resulting from bone deficiency, the bone substitute will be invaded and replaced by the patient’s natural bone over a period of about 4/6 months.
Is there a risk of rejection with bone regeneration?
Thanks to the modern techniques of modern implantology practiced in Sanident by a team of excellent specialists, bone regeneration is able to stimulate the physiological process of bone remodeling and growth, resorting to clinically tested intervention protocols. The first technique is linked to bone self-transplantation: the bone is taken from another part of the body (from the chin or from the head) and it is grafted onto the gum, you are not exposed to the risk of rejection because the bone taken is from the same patient. In the second type of technique for bone regeneration, artificial bone made of synthetic material is used; this material, installed in the gum and covered by a resorbable membrane, melts into the bone. Also this intervention does not expose to the risk of rejection, being the synthetic material and biocompatible.
If I’m afraid of surgery?
The fear of the dentist or rather the fear of undergoing treatment due to pain are constant research in Sanident and with serenity it can be said that in Sanident the fear vanishes already from the first session. We are very careful to grasp the state of mind of the patient aware of the fact that the pain threshold and the perception of annoyance are factors with extremely personal variables and consequently we prepare ourselves to reserve to every patient the due attentions to definitively defeat any slightest sensation of pain or discomfort. Thanks to the pain prevention and control technique practiced by our anesthesiologist experts, each intervention is peaceful and all patients are satisfied with the surgery assisted by oxygen therapy, anxiolysis and conscious sedation without experiencing any pain.
Specifically, how do you reassure patients?
Comfortable rooms, videos and relaxing music, attentive and caring staff, anesthetic sprays, painless needles, oxygen therapy, local anesthesia, conscious sedation, anxiolysis: Every day we use these and other techniques tested with the help of state-of-the-art electronic tools and drugs specific. For the most important cases we have the collaboration of expert specialists in anesthesiology and resuscitation practicing conscious sedation or anxiolysis. The results obtained with this technique are exceptional, the patient undergoes treatment with maximum serenity and the interventions take place with greater fluidity and less overall duration. Post-operative symptoms are also reduced in intensity and duration. The reassured patient acquires confidence and undergoes any subsequent sessions provided without any fear.
In all the treatments and areas of intervention, from the simple dental hygiene session to clean the teeth to the operations of immediate loading implantology where the patient in a single session enters the edentulous surgical room or with his natural teeth compromised and goes out with the implants placed and fixed prostheses on both arches the constant commitment of Sanident and of all the staff is of completely eliminate the pain and the consequent fear of the dentist.
How much does a guaranteed high-end dental implant cost?
While maintaining the characteristics of excellence and of unchanged Uncompromising quality of the treatments and products used, Sanident has always led a continuous battle for reduce the prices of the treatments offered to their patients and in some cases even got them eliminated altogether (see the free check-ups or the dental booster at a reasonable price within the prevention and control program reserved for those who are already patient).
Thanks to the commitment of SANIDENT, to that of its partners and the large numbers achieved (more than 35,000 patients treated in the clinic alone in via Settembrini in Milan in the last six years) today it is possible to offer a high-end dental implant in titanium at prices below 1,200 euros ( cost of the titanium screw alone and the intervention of the implantologist surgeon specialist) and conditions accessible to all even with payment in installments.
What is Sanident’s commitment to guarantee the result and how long is the guarantee on dental implants?
The international guarantee with personal certificate offered on the systems used by Sanident offers an exclusive international lifetime coverage for any type of high-end system chosen. SANIDENT guarantees the success of this modern technology through the collaboration of dentists specialized in implantology and regenerative surgery of international renown (the team that has assets more than 1,500 installations per year is composed alone specialist implantologists enrolled in the order of doctors and dentists with specific Masters from major national and international universities such as New York University, the University of Geneva and largely already university professors and speakers of courses and conferences on implantology and regenerative surgery) , selecting the high quality of the materials used (only Aiser, Straumann, Nobel, Dentsply first-class implants) and practicing implantology safely from any possible source of pathogenic infection using state-of-the-art sterilization procedures and sterile components and equipment in a dedicated surgical room within the exclusive facility reserved only for operations for dental implants and bone regeneration.
We tried to list all our strengths because we are the first reference for implantology in Milan and beyond. But we put ourselves in the shoes of undecided patients, struggling with the search for the right information. On the side of those who ask:
How to choose the right clinic?
What should I ask when they give me a quote?
Dental implantation is an important surgical procedure. The choice of materials, equipment, the surgeon and the team that will execute it and the structure where the patient will be operated on are factors that determine the success or failure of the operation: The goal is to obtain immediate success and that to long term!
It must always be taken into consideration that for a perfect success of the treatment it is necessary to provide for various follow-up visits following the intervention (even if it is an immediate load), therefore, we can suggest, so as possible, to contact an easily accessible structure or well connected that is a guarantee of reliability and presence even in the medium and long term for any expected or unexpected future needs.
It is necessary to devote the right time to carefully evaluate the many offers on the market today.
The most important questions to ask and assess when evaluating the dental center and the estimate are:
- The environment is pleasant and I feel at ease, am I in the right place to treat myself?
- The doctors working in the structure are identifiable and what experience do they have?
- If my situation requires a multi-specialist assessment (for example, Implantologist, Cardiologist, Anesthesiologist, Orthodontist and Prosthodontist) are there and do they work in a team?
- Are the equipment and diagnostic radiology of the latest generation? Is there a 3D TAC available in the structure? Is the implantologist present at the first visit and can he immediately carry out a diagnosis with the aid of 3D diagnostics for the planning of the intervention in real time?
- Is there a clinic website where I can find all the most important information independently?
- During the first visit, did the booking and appointment reminder service work?
- After the initial visit, do I have the feeling of trust in the structure and staff?
- Can I consult all my documentation online including radiological images?
- Are rigid protocols for the sterilization of environments and equipment observed?
- Have many patients turned to this facility for implantology?
- What success rate has been achieved in the interventions?
- Is the operation performed in a dedicated surgical room or on a normal dental chair?
- Is the surgeon who operates me an implant specialist or a general dentist?
- Did you obtain specific Masters to practice Dental Implantology? Have you attended refresher courses in Italy and abroad?
- Have you operated and planted more than 1,000 in the last year?
- With what percentage of success?
- In this structure can I use conscious sedation or anxiolysis for the operation and reduce the feeling of discomfort and pain?
- Are they organized for emergency procedures in case of emergency and resuscitation?
- Are the equipment and materials used for the operation sterile and subjected to continuous verifiable checks?
- Is there a personal health card in both paper and computer format with details of what is done and by whom?
- Does the team work in a surgical room under a programmed sterility regime?
- Is sterile disposable material used for surgery such as the components of dedicated surgical aspirators, the gowns, gloves, shoe covers and headphones for both doctors, assistants and the patient?
- Is a post-intervention recall and control protocol implemented and in the following years?
- Was the visit to decide on the treatment plan and the procedure to be carried out by an implantology specialist or a general dentist?
- Was an appropriate radiographic survey done using 3D digital equipment?
- Was the procedure that will be followed for my rehabilitation explained to me well?
- Is the quote clear and detailed with the price displayed including all costs to be met?
- Is the operation performed in a dedicated surgical room equipped specifically for the operation?
- Is the name of the surgeon performing the operation shown in the estimate?
- Is the implant brand that will be used clearly displayed?
- Is it a Titanium implant certified high-end (Aiser, Straumann, Nobel, Dentsply Implants) or is it just a clone of these with little supporting scientific documentation?
- Is there a certification of conformity and the personal certificate of the installations and the personal health card?
- What kind of guarantees and duration are foreseen?
- Is hygiene of the oral cavity and / or oxygen preparation preparatory for the operation planned?
- Are the provisional elements for the prosthesis indicated among the items?
- The crowns on the implant in which material are they built: metal / ceramic, ceramic composite, ceramic or zirconia?
- For the implant prosthesis, do I recommend the best materials available, such as all-ceramic or zirconia without base and metal alloys?
- For the crowns there is the old method that uses the base metal against allergies and that will cause over the years an unattractive dark border between tooth and gum?
- Are the crowns made with the modern (precise) CAD-CAM technique (computer design and guided milling of pure certified materials) or are they still handmade?
- Does the proposed solution satisfy my needs? Is that what I wanted?
- The quality of the materials and the organization is in line with what I expected?
- Is the total price fair in proportion to the quality offered? Can I spend this amount on my health? Did I also get alternatives to evaluate?
- Is my investment to treat teeth and health protected over time? And what guarantees?
- I am sure that what is offered to me is really the top for me?
- Have I compared any other budget for an intervention in another Italian structure of excellence?
- Can I decide to start with a part of the planned treatment plan or do I have to adhere in full and immediately?
- Can I decide to pay with financing in installments or can I subdivide and pay the amounts according to what is done gradually by the doctors?
- Can I be sure I always get an invoice for what I paid?
- Is there a post-intervention prevention and control plan implemented for those who are already patient?
- Who answered all my questions did it with sincerity and professionalism clarifying all my doubts and making himself available to document all the points?
- Thanks to these professionals, have I finally decided that the time has come to take care of my health and my smile?
- Here I feel peaceful in dealing with the intervention?